Missing Naperville man found dead in Elmhurst quarry, police say

The Brief

  • Missing Naperville man found dead: The body of 28-year-old Gabriel De Sagun was recovered Sunday from an Elmhurst quarry, ending a nearly week-long search.
  • Drone located body: Police said a public safety drone found De Sagun in the east quarry after an extensive search involving K-9s, bloodhounds, a helicopter, boats and multiple agencies.
  • Investigation ongoing: Authorities have not released De Sagun’s cause of death or additional details as the investigation continues with the DuPage County Coroner’s Office.

ELMHURST, Ill. The body of a missing Naperville man was recovered from an Elmhurst quarry Sunday, bringing a nearly week-long search to an end, authorities said.

Missing Naperville man found dead

What we know:

Elmhurst police said the search for 28-year-old Gabriel De Sagun ended Sunday after a public safety drone located his body in the water of the east quarry. The DuPage County Coroner’s Office later identified the remains as De Sagun.

De Sagun was reported missing July 20 after he was last seen walking south on West Avenue between Second and Third streets in Elmhurst.

According to police, De Sagun had been dropped off earlier that afternoon to retrieve his vehicle from a parking lot in Elmhurst. A family member returned home to Naperville, but De Sagun never arrived.

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS