Suspect still on the run two weeks after VDOT contractors shot, killed in Chesterfield

CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WWBT) – Two weeks after two VDOT contract workers were shot and killed at an equipment staging site in Chesterfield, their families are still searching for answers and the suspect remains at large.

Phillip Wilson and Rai’shon DeLarge were shot and killed on July 24 at the site.

Virginia State Police identified 37-year-old Dennikia Boyce as the suspect. She has been on the run since the shooting.

Mykala Wilson, Phillip Wilson’s sister, spoke with 12 On Your Side earlier this week and said her family is still trying to make sense of what happened.

“From what was told to us, just she did it and she just left like it was nothing,” Mykala Wilson said. “I don’t understand how someone’s heart can be in that kind of position.”…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS