Phoenix police seek witnesses in teen’s deadly soccer field attack

PHOENIX (AZFamily) — The Phoenix Police Department is hoping to get new leads in the deadly attack on a teen at a soccer field earlier this month by releasing photos of people they want to talk to.

Investigators said the images are of people playing soccer in the area of Sueno Park at 43rd Avenue and Encanto Boulevard, north of McDowell Road, around 8 p.m. on Aug. 6. Police said they may have information that could be key to the investigation.

Police said that multiple people attacked Tumusifu Bazirake, 19, during a fight on the soccer field. The suspects took off before officers arrived.

On Aug. 13, police were told Bazirake died, and the case was ruled a homicide…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS