TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas — The family of a 27-year-old man killed in a shooting at a northeast Travis County restaurant earlier this month is now suing, alleging the business failed to provide adequate security during a Cinco de Mayo event.
Mykal Jones was shot and killed in the early morning hours of May 6 at Down South CaJJun Eats, according to Austin police.
Jones’ family said they are still struggling to process his death and want the public to remember he was more than a shooting victim; his family said he was a father, a son, a friend and was just a bystander that night…