Lawyers want justice for hangar collapse victims

A lawyer representing the families of two men who died in the Boise hangar collapse said at a news conference Friday that while little is yet known about the deadly incident that “something went terribly wrong” and the families need justice.

The hangar collapsed Jan. 31, killing three and hurting nine, five of whom were in critical condition. Craig Durrant, 59, Mariano Coc Och, 24, and Mario Sontay Tzi, 32 died — the latter two of whom are being represented by lawyers who spoke Friday.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is investigating the collapse and has to issue its findings within six months of the occurrence of any violation.

Two OSHA employees responded to the incident and the Boise OSHA office is getting support from the national and regional OSHA offices, as previously reported.

The hangar was under construction on Boise Airport property, by Big D Builders Inc., for Jackson Jet Center.

“I cannot today tell you who is at fault, exactly what happened, I cannot pinpoint where the liability is,” Enrique Serna, lawyer for the Coc Och and Sontay Tzi families, said during the press conference, which was held via Zoom. “But I do know that something went terribly wrong.”

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS