84-year-old man found burning, bound and wrapped in ditch; his family wants answers
SAN ANTONIO - The family of the 84-year-old man who was found burning in a ditch last Saturday is asking for the community’s help finding who is responsible for the murder. When firefighters put out the flames, Manuel Mendez was found wrapped in a jacket and a plastic shower curtain with his hands tied.
This Texas Mediterranean Buffet Is A Feast So Good People Travel Across The State
I already know how this goes, you tell yourself one plate, then immediately start planning the second. Everything is laid out in a way that makes it impossible to play it safe, grilled meats, fresh pita, hummus, rice, and more options than you can realistically keep track of. You build your plate thinking you were...
Suspect arrested after DPS crash in west San Antonio; troopers break window to take...
SAN ANTONIO — A routine traffic stop escalated into a dangerous pursuit Thursday afternoon on San Antonio’s west side, ending in a crash, a pinned-in driver and state troopers breaking a car window to make an arrest, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety. The incident began...
No-Show Mariachi Toritos Leaves San Antonio Families Scrambling And Out Cash
Milestone parties across San Antonio turned stressful when a mariachi group booked under the name Mariachi Toritos failed to appear for multiple big moments, including a wedding, a quinceañera and an 80th birthday, according to several customers. One woman says she paid $1,200 for her son’s wedding, and another says...
SAPD: Woman shot, killed by bullet fired from outside house on South Side
SAN ANTONIO (KTSA News) — The San Antonio Police Department is looking for a suspect after a woman was shot and killed early Friday morning. Investigators say the 40-year-old victim was hit by a bullet fired from a car outside her home in the 900 block of Burton Avenue on the South Side. The bullet passed through the...
Victim killed in hail of gunfire identified, search for the suspects continues
SAN ANTONIO - Officials have identified the man who was tragically killed in a drive-by shooting where suspects fired over 80 rounds. According to the Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office, the victim has been identified as 31-year-old Justin Charles Cline, who died as a result of multiple gunshot wounds. He...
Game room owner says she thought business was legal following BCSO raid
SAN ANTONIO – The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office shut down a North Side gaming room Tuesday, accusing it of running an undercover gambling operation. However, the owner of Blessed Sweepstakes on Hildebrand Avenue told KSAT that it was not a gambling operation, and says she is now out thousands after the raid.
Sparks fly as San Antonio housing authority switches to new federal funding model
San Antonio’s public housing authority, Opportunity Home, this week approved a controversial change to its operations that tenants, activists and at least one city councilwoman warn could lead to displacement and a rise in homelessness. During a Wednesday board meeting, Opportunity Home approved a plan to begin...
Bexar County ME’s Office identifies man killed in suspected East Side drive-by shooting
SAN ANTONIO – A man shot to death earlier this week in a suspected East Side drive-by shooting has been identified. According to the Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office, Justin Cline, 31, died of multiple gunshot wounds early Wednesday morning in the 1500 block of Center Street, which is located in between Gevers...
Council postpones decision to support hiring more officers in 2027 amid budget shortfall
SAN ANTONIO - In a unanimous decision, council members voted to postpone a resolution in todays city council meeting supporting the hiring of more officers in 2027. “This is an issue of the fact that we don’t have endless resources.” said San Antonio Mayor Gina Ortiz Jones. The...

















