Ground breaking for port expansion next month, no comment on pending litigation

Lawmakers’ Port of Wilmington Expansion task force learned at its Monday meeting that ground breaking is set for the port’s Edgemoor expansion in September. That’s despite legal challenges filed against the project last month.

The Port Expansion task force monitors the project for General Assembly leadership. Its co-chairs said they’re aware of two new legal challenges to the project filed last month. Neither was discussed at Monday’s meeting, since it is active litigation.

State Sen. Darius Brown (D-Wilmington), a task force chair, said the groundbreaking, set for the 14th, “is another way of showing public confidence that we’re building this port.”…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS