Cobb superintendent offers limited update on Campbell Middle gun incident

MARIETTA — Citing an ongoing “multi-state investigation,” Cobb Superintendent Chris Ragsdale was unable to provide much of an update Thursday on the Campbell Middle School student who brought a gun to school last week.

“Here’s what I can say, though: the student who brought the weapon on campus is in custody and will face the full consequences for that action,” Ragsdale said during the school board’s night meeting.

The incident occurred Tuesday, Aug. 11, just a week-and-a-half into the start of the 2026-27 school year. At the time, a spokesperson from the Cobb School District confirmed to the Journal that a Campbell student was discovered in possession of a firearm after a separate student told an administrator…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS