Clipper 2.0 launch remains uncertain despite rollout of BART open payment system

A date for Bay Area public transit riders to transition to the new Clipper card payment system remains up in the air.

Despite efforts made last week to allow BART passengers to start paying for fares using either a credit or debit card, the rollout for Clipper 2.0 still has no exact date, transportation officials said at this week’s Clipper Card executive board meeting.

Jason Weinsten, the director of electronic payments for the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC), outlined Tuesday to the board dozens of tasks that remained for completion from the end of August through mid-September. The presentation slides said that progress on the tasks would help determine a customer transition timeline…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS