Bench trial begins Tuesday for Marion man charged with killing 5-year-old son

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (Iowa’s News Now) — The bench trial of a Marion man accused of killing his 5-year-old son is set to begin Tuesday in Linn County.

Matthew Schleier is charged with first-degree murder after the death of his son Jack in October 2024.

Court documents say Schleier told officers and investigators he strangled his son back in October 2024. Schleier also told them he had been planning to kill the boy for a week and he spent most of that night planning out how to do it…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS