San Jose administrators have disclosed that private information for current and former city employees may have been compromised, following a data breach last month.
The incident occurred on Jan. 9 when a “workforce member” lost a USB drive that may have contained Social Security numbers, according to a letter city officials sent to people whose data may have been involved in the breach. San Jose officials have not said how many people were affected by the breach.
San José Spotlight spoke with three people who said they received the city’s letter in recent days, including a current employee and two former employees. One of the former employees said they last worked for the city in 2000. The individuals requested anonymity to protect their privacy…