MARLBOROUGH – The Wildwood Steakhouse was opened in 1924 by Thomas Killeen on Boston Post Road. In 1954, Nicholas Seymour bought the Wildwood. The restaurant soon became a very popular eatery in the city.
In 1963, the restaurant fell victim to a fire. When it reopened with renovations, it had an entirely different look. People from all over the area came to enjoy its hospitality.
In the early 1970s, the steakhouse was taken over by Seymour’s sons, Gerald and Nicholas. The Wildwood required long working hours for the two brothers, and eventually, Nicholas got sick and couldn’t keep up with the demanding workload. Although Gerald bought out his brother’s half of the ownership, Nicholas continued to work for another six years full-time after the onset of his illness.
The Wildwood Steakhouse was Gerry Seymour’s passion. He renovated and redecorated it a few times to keep up with the modern trends. Many community events were held there, and the Wildwood was the perfect place for many family celebrations. An evening out at the Wildwood was a treat for many residents of Marlborough and other nearby towns…