A vacant property at 499 North Front St. in Newport was declared a dangerous structure by borough council following a hearing Feb. 3.
Codes officer Bruce Psaras said the home, constructed in 1978 and unoccupied for several years, has many structural issues, including a deteriorated roof. The property also has abandoned vehicles and overgrowth. He said $900 of fines had previously been issued.
Psaras said the borough is interested only in having the issues addressed one way or another and doesn’t desire to seize the property…