- Yolanda Saldívar, the killer of Selena Quintanilla, is speaking out about her side of the story in a new docuseries, causing distress to Selena’s family.
- Selena’s father, Abraham Quintanilla, wants nothing to do with Yolanda and believes everything she says is lies.
- The docuseries will feature Yolanda discussing her relationship with Selena and will include never-seen-before documents and recordings. The first part will be released on February 17.
Additional Coverage:
Yolanda Saldívar, the killer of Selena Quintanilla, is speaking out about her side of the story in a new docuseries. However, nearly three decades later, this is deeply upsetting to Selena’s family. Abraham Quintanilla, Selena’s father, has made it clear that he and the rest of the family have no involvement or support for Oxygen’s “Selena & Yolanda: The Secrets Between Them.”
Abraham Quintanilla stated in an interview with TMZ that he wants nothing to do with Yolanda herself, as he believes everything she says is nothing but lies. He believes that no one will believe whatever she has to say anyway and questions what more she could possibly have to say that hasn’t already been said.
The two-part docuseries will feature Yolanda sharing her version of events leading up to Selena’s murder. She will discuss her working and personal relationship with the singer, and her family members will also be involved with never-seen-before documents and recordings that suggest there is more to the situation than meets the eye.
A chilling trailer for the docuseries features Yolanda stating, “I knew her secrets. And I think the people deserved to know the truth.” The first part of the series will be released on February 17, followed by the second part on the next day.
It is important to remember that Yolanda Saldívar fatally shot Selena in 1995 after it was discovered that she had been embezzling funds from the singer’s clothing boutique.
Yolanda is currently serving a life sentence but will be eligible for parole on March 30, 2025.