Las Vegas business owner says F1 has to pay up or face a potential lawsuit

It has been three months since the inaugural Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix, but the battle between local businesses and F1 continues.

Randy Markin owns Battista’s Hole in the Wall Italian restaurant. On Thursday, he told Channel 13 if F1 doesn’t pay up, he will sue. Markin says a lawsuit is the last thing he wants to do, but his businesses and employees are suffering.

He told me that he has given Formula 1 a deadline of Tuesday, before F1 officials are expected to meet in front of the Clark County Board of Commissioners, to reach an agreement with him.

Markin says he just wants to be paid back for his lost profits and employee’s lost tips. He told me he presented an undisclosed number, that he expects F1 to pay his business, during a meeting Thursday afternoon with F1 Las Vegas Grand Prix Chief Operating Officer Betsy Fretwell and attorneys.

Markin told Channel 13 News in past interviews, his businesses lost approximately $5 million last year, claiming F1 construction and the temporary Flamingo Bridge caused those losses.

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS