Miami Beach Mogul Barry Sternlicht Caught On Guest List For Epstein Townhouse Dinner

Miami Beach billionaire Barry Sternlicht was among a small circle of guests at a 2018 dinner inside Jeffrey Epstein’s Upper East Side townhouse, according to newly released Department of Justice records that are now fueling another round of scrutiny around the late financier’s social orbit.

The emails show Sternlicht was slated to join filmmaker Woody Allen and former White House counsel Kathryn Ruemmler for an August 2018 gathering at Epstein’s home. A representative for Sternlicht told reporters he attended but left before dessert and never spoke with Epstein again.

According to Miami New Times, one August 8, 2018 email from Epstein’s assistant reconfirmed a 7:30 p.m. dinner at 9 East 71st Street and listed Allen, Soon-Yi Previn and Ruemmler among the invitees. The outlet also points to a text exchange from that day in which Allen asked, “Who are these people?” and Epstein replied, “Barry. Owns Starwood hotels.” Sternlicht’s spokesperson told the paper the billionaire only showed up after being urged by Dr. Peter Attia and “left early before dessert.”

DOJ Files Put More Names On The Record

The email traffic surfaced in a sprawling Department of Justice document dump late last month that opened millions of pages, images and videos to reporters and the public. As The Washington Post noted, journalists and lawmakers have been racing through calendars, guest lists and correspondence in search of meetings and names that never previously saw daylight…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS