Authorities have issued an arrest warrant for a driver who police say was responsible for the crash that killed a 15-year-old Lakewood High School student as he waited for a bus in East Long Beach.
Police say the wreck happened around 3 p.m. June 11 when 20-year-old Jacob Bustillos, of Compton, was speeding behind the wheel of a 2010 Infiniti G37. Investigators allege he ran a red light at the intersection of Carson Street and Palo Verde Avenue, where he struck a Toyota Prius.
The impact caused the Infiniti to skid and roll over onto the northwest sidewalk on Carson Street, where Carlos Ramirez was sitting at a bus stop, police said.
Bystanders who saw the crash hurried to help Ramirez, holding his hand and providing words of comfort before he was rushed to a hospital, Ramirez’s mom, Monica Gonzalez, previously told the Long Beach Post…