Compton man pleads guilty to assaulting federal officer with concrete rocks during anti-ICE protest

A Compton man, accused of throwing chunks of concrete at government vehicles during an anti-ICE protest in Paramount last year, has agreed to a plea deal and pleaded guilty to the charge of assaulting a federal officer, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Tuesday.

Elpidio Reyna, 41, pleaded guilty to one felony count of assault on a federal officer by deadly or dangerous weapon resulting in bodily injury, the DOJ said.

Reyna was accused of throwing concrete rocks at law enforcement on June 7 on Alondra Boulevard during the protest when federal law enforcement officers staged an enforcement operation in Paramount. Authorities said a federal officer was injured, and government vehicles were damaged…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS