Gun at Cudahy school, case against boy’s father dismissed

The Brief

  • Cudahy police said a 12-year-old brought a gun to school in 2025.
  • Court filings said the boy got the gun from a nightstand in his parents’ bedroom.
  • Both of the boy’s parents were charged, and both cases have now been dismissed.

MILWAUKEE A Milwaukee County judge dismissed the case against a man whose son, prosecutors said, brought a loaded gun to his Cudahy elementary school last year.

In court

What we know:

Court records show 45-year-old Nan Bin Li was charged with one misdemeanor count of leaving/storing a loaded firearm near a child. He had pleaded guilty as part of a deferred prosecution agreement in August 2025.

On Thursday, Judge Owen Piotrowski ordered the case dismissed after Li completed the terms of that agreement, vacating the guilty plea in the case.

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS