Delaware Teen Arrested in July McDonald’s Robbery; Second Suspect Still Wanted

Claymont, DE – A 17-year-old male is in custody after turning himself in to Delaware State Police in connection with a robbery at a McDonald’s in Claymont last month. Authorities say a second suspect is still being sought.

According to Delaware State Police, troopers responded around 4:30 p.m. on July 8 to the restaurant at 2702 Philadelphia Pike after a reported robbery. Investigators said two males arranged to meet the victim inside the McDonald’s to purchase an item listed for sale. Before the transaction was complete, one suspect allegedly grabbed the victim’s bag, sparking a struggle. During the altercation, one of the suspects allegedly implied he had a firearm by reaching toward his waistband. Police said the victim released the bag, and the suspects fled with his property. The victim was not injured.

Detectives later identified the suspects as a 17-year-old male and 19-year-old Avery Quartlebaum, both of Claymont. Arrest warrants were issued for both…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS