Houston man sentenced for shooting at Bryan police officer during kidnapping

BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) – A Houston man has been sentenced to 50 years in prison in connection with a 2024 kidnapping that ended with an exchange of gunfire with Bryan police, according to a press release from the Brazos County District Attorney’s Office.

Prosecutors said Kevin Henriquez was sentenced on May 13, 2026, after previously pleading guilty to aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault on a public servant. The DA’s office said the punishment range in the case spanned from probation to life in prison.

The DA’s office said the case began on Aug. 31, 2024, when Henriquez assaulted his girlfriend at the time, in front of her friends at a local club. The release states that bouncers helped the victim get away, but prosecutors said Henriquez later tracked her down and threatened to kill her if she did not leave with him…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS