Hayward man convicted of attempted murder in targeted Oakley shooting

(KRON) — A Hayward man who laid in wait for his victim during a targeted shooting in Oakley last year was convicted of attempted murder on Monday. The Contra Costa County District Attorney said that Tanginoa Pahulu Tangi attacked the victim in Oakley on Aug. 27, 2025.

According to trial evidence cited by the DA, Tangi drove from Alameda County to Oakley and waited for three hours outside the victim’s home. Then the victim arrived, Tangi approached their vehicle and fired 17 shots at close range.

3 separate grass fires burning in San Jose ‘under control’

The victim survived and Tangi fled the scene, disposing of the gun, the DA said. Moments later, a Contra Costa Sheriff’s deputy recognized the Ford F-150 Tangi was driving and attempted to pull him over.

Tangi, the DA said, refused to yield and led officers on an 11-mile high-speed chase before eventually being apprehended…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS