New details emerge after body recovered from Corpus Christi Bay

Officials in South Texas have released the name of a man whose body was recovered from the water in downtown Corpus Christi late last week.

The Nueces County Medical Examiner’s Office has identified the man as 55-year-old Tyrone Smith, according to KIII 3NEWS. Smith’s body was recovered from the waters of Corpus Christi Bay at the 600 block of South Shoreline Boulevard on Thursday, August 13, the Corpus Christi Police Department told MySA on Monday, August 17. Police received a call for help at approximately 4:04 p.m.

“The officers were dispatched to a drowning call and the male was pulled from the water. First aid was done, and then he was transported to a local hospital,” Public Information Officer Madeline Commons said…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS