Schenectady man sentenced to 15 years in prison after traumatizing 6-year-old boy

ALBANY — A Schenectady man will serve 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to several robberies, including one that “traumatized” a 6-year-old boy, prosecutors said.

Ernesto Cabrera, 26, pleaded guilty in February to multiple counts of robbery, criminal possession of a weapon, menacing and endangering the welfare of a child, according to a news release from the Albany County District Attorney’s Office. The charges stemmed from what prosecutors described as a two-day crime spree across Albany that ended with Cabrera pressing a knife against the boy’s back.

At Cabrera’s sentencing on Friday, the boy’s mother said she and her son were traumatized by the threatening interaction. According to prosecutors, the mother told Judge Andra Ackerman that the emotional impact of the crime had been “significant.”…

Story continues

TRENDING NOW

LATEST LOCAL NEWS