The family of a Modesto man who had been missing for more than a year says authorities have identified him as the person whose remains were found near Knights Ferry in April. The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Office has been investigating the case as a homicide.
David Manuel Menchaca, 50, had not been seen or heard from since March 17, 2025, according to a California Department of Justice missing-person listing. His family says it was notified late last month that the remains found along Highway 108/120 were his.
The Sheriff’s Office, however, has not publicly announced the identification…